Service Area & Statistics
Click here for a MAP showing the MCSD Service Area.
Solid Waste Department
- Average total tonnage: 38,273 per year, 736 tons per week average or 147 tons per day.
- Total average pounds of solid waste per year collected: 76,546,000
- Number of households served: 19,970 or 3,994 per day.
- Weekly special services: 53
- Bulky item service average: 152 per week or 7,934 per year.
- Christmas tree pick up service: 32.17 tons or 64,340 pounds.
- Number of daily routes: 10 plus one help truck.
- Number of drivers employed: 14
- Number of lead persons: 1
- Number of supervisors: 1
- Estimated number of containers (Black and Blue) owned by the District: 60,479.
- Solid waste is processed at CR&R Disposal and transferred to the Frank R. Bowerman Landfill.
Frank R. Bowerman Landfill Site Information
- Landfill opened in 1990 • Accepts non-hazardous, municipal solid waste from commercial haulers only.
- Maximum permitted daily refuse intake for the facility is 8,500 tons per day.
- Approximately 725 acres with about 341 acres to be used for waste disposal.
- Scheduled to close in 2053.
- A public park is the planned end-use of the site.ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTIONFully lined to protect groundwater.Landfill gas monitoring, recovery and control system.Three habitat restoration areas.Landfill gas condensate collection system.Load Check Inspectors to collect and properly dispose of hazardous waste.Fire, dust, insect, rodent, bird, litter and noise controls.